Manufacturers

Terre di Veleja IGT

 

These are wines made with grapes from a small area of the province of Piacenza, hence precisely indicating IGT (typical geographic indication). The production area comprises the whole of the grapes of common Castell'Arquato, Vernasca, Lugagnano Val d'Arda, Carpaneto P.no, S. Giorgio P.no, Vigolzone, Gropparello, Pontedell'olio, Rivergaro, Bettola, Coli, Bobbio and the municipalities of Alseno, Gazzola, Travo, Piozzano and Pecorara.
The maximum production yield per hectare of vineyard shall not exceed 16 tons., and the yield of wine should not exceed 80% except for Moscow, where the limit is 60%.
The types of wine are provided three: white, red and rosé, or indicating the predominant grape variety, also are used, still or frizzy versions.
For wine IGT "Terre di Veleja frizzy" is prohibited artificial gasification.

The wines "Terre di Veleja" at the time of marketing to the consumer must have the following charateristics:
Terre di Veleja white
from white grapes Malvasia di Candia and Trebbiano Romagnolo aroma for at least 60% of the remaining 40% may result from white grape varieties suitable for cultivation in Emilia-Romagna.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,5%
Terre di Veleja red
Barbera and Bonarda grapes from at least 70%, could help the grapes grapes of similar color, recommended or approved by the province of Piacenza, up to a maximum of 30%.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 11,0%
Terre di Veleja rosè
Barbera and Bonarda grapes from at least 60% of the grapes can compete grapes of similar color, recommended or approved by the province of Piacenza, up to a maximum of 40%.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,5%
Terre di Veleja "Fortana"
Fortana made from grapes at least 85% of the grapes can compete grapes of similar color, recommended or approved by the province of Piacenza, up to a maximum of 15%.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,0%
Terre di Veleja "Marsanne"
Marsanne grapes from at least 85% of the grapes can compete grapes of similar color, recommended or approved by the province of Piacenza, up to a maximum of 15%.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,5%
Terre di Veleja "Moscato" and "Moscato Passito"
Muscat grapes from at least 85% of the grapes can compete grapes of similar color, recommended or approved by the province of Piacenza, up to a maximum of 15%.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,0 (Moscato) and 15.0% (Moscato Passito)
Terre di Veleja "Trebbiano"
from Trebbiano Romagnolo for at least 60% of the remaining 40% may result from white grape varieties suitable for cultivation in Emilia-Romagna.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,0%
Terre di Veleja "Berverdino"
Berverdino made from grapes at least 60% the remaining 40% may result from white grape varieties suitable for cultivation in Emilia-Romagna.
Minimum alcoholic strength by volume: 10,0%

 

Back to Typical products page